Thursday, February 01, 2007

January (well, February) cheer

Today's offering in the January cheer swap is this lovely, bright card from Anne - great 3D embroidered flowers, very cheery fabric. Nice one!



Didn't do any work on the machine today - Thursday generally isn't a good day for getting stuff done. Instead, I helped in the nursery in the morning, and then Alex and I went up to see Brenda in Wimbledon and have a browse through the latest book selection. Came away with one called Portraits from Nature: 35 Studies for Dimensional Quilts by Jean Wells - looks like fun and something different to add to my shelves. Got a handful of magazines as well, nothing too exciting there.



Afterwards, Allie and I went down to Wimbledon town centre to have a browse through the Early Learning Centre (toys - fairly educational, not so many branded items) as he had a birthday cheque from Grandma Lucy to spend some of - he picked out a little game involving a dragon which pops up from inside his castle tower when you jab a flag in the wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it) slot in the castle wall. And I picked out these... and on sale, too. Some fake flowers, and a variety of beads in good shapes - stars, shells, etc. And two different sizes of alphabet beads. Not bad for a couple of quid...


This evening watching telly I did do a bit more work on my crazy quilt square stitch sampler - more on that on my TAST blog.

1 comment:

Susan D said...

Hi Kate Thanks for your comment and link to my blog. Can you email(link on my blog) me your snail mail address so I can send you one of my silk postcards, do you have a favourite colour? Do you send your cards in an envelope or in the nude through the post, this is the first time I've done anything like this.