Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Catching up again...



As I mentioned before, I'm not getting a lot of work done at the moment between having my mother visit and it being half-term holiday from school this week (the latter being more of a cause than the former). But I did receive some more cards in the post yesterday - the two above are from Myra (left) and Vicki (right) - Myra's is a part of the open-theme February swap on Quilting Forum on Delphi; Vicki's is part of the Valentine's swap with my (private) dyelist. The Valentine's ones won't stay on display much longer as they are very seasonal, but next year, I'm going to have a fantastic display around that time of year!


Today's post brought this offering, which is from Jan, for the "Fibres" swap on Fibre Artists International. In addition to lots of varied fibres, Jan has also used tyvek to create texture. I really like this card a LOT. Makes me want to run upstairs and melt tyvek...



Surprisingly enough, I did actually do a little bit of work today - I started working on the Open Theme with Charm cards for FIA - I knew what I wanted to do in principal - an oriental fan, with the Chinese Dragon Cloud charms I bought recently from The Fruit Pixie (a favourite eBay UK seller). So I decided I'd at least get the fans fused on to the background fabric - I decided to use gold metallic thread to quilt the cards and finish the edges, but unfortunately, I only had a little bit left on the reel, so I had to go out and buy more - got some more pelmet vilene at the same time - I go through that stuff pretty fast these days, with all the postcards and fabric book pages and whatnot...



Anyway, here's a nearly finished card, and the others halfway there...

No comments: