Monday, February 12, 2007

Eighty-ones coming along nicely...

I have now finished all the blocks for this quilt and have begun putting them together. Here you can see them laid out on the bed - obviously there are some setting triangles still to come, and the rows aren't sewed together yet, but you can get a fairly good idea of what the piece will look like. I may put a fairly narrow cream border around the whole thing, as well - I'll make that decision after it's together - I kind of want a floating effect, so I might need a little more space around the edge. Anyway, I think it looks nice and more to the point - how I imagined it would look!



Hopefully I will get it put the rest of the way together tomorrow while waiting for the water guy to come and check out if we have a leak or not (you know how it is - they'll come in the "morning" - i.e. between 8am and 1pm - at least I have an excuse not to go anywhere!)



Last night I finished the last of the beading on my open theme postcards (the snowflake/flowers). I don't have a picture of all of them, but here's one- you can extrapolate the rest of them. Now I just have to decide what type of edge treatment to do. I don't really want to simply satin stitch all the way around, so I might have to experiment a little...

No comments: