Saturday, September 02, 2006

September Block Lotto


I mentioned a few days ago that I'd been making blocks for a block lotto on about.com, but as it wasn't public yet I couldn't post the photos - with it being officially September now, I can now show these blocks - I really love them. Those who know me will already be aware of my fondness for batiks, but in this lotto, the required background colour was "cream or tan" - having used a lot of cream lately in other things, I decided to break out some darker fabrics which would qualify as tans - and I just love how rich they make the batiks look. Photos of the rest of the blocks I made (there's a limit of 5) can be seen in my flickr album. I like this block so much that I'm going to make some more for myself - chances are, I won't win the lotto anyway...

I also had a chance to put two of the final four borders on my nesting robin - they are just plain blue, like the ones inside the ribbon border. This is another project like the ostrich I was working on yesterday - like a round robin, but you do it all yourself.
And I started to cut out some squares for a 9 patch swap my dyeing group is doing this autumn. Not a bad day's work. And now, off to make soup (beetroot) for lunch.

No comments: