Sunday, September 03, 2006

Border land

Today was mostly a putting-borders-on day - I finished putting on the borders to the nesting robin - one more round to go and that one is done. Or rather, the top is done. Obviously it will still need quilting, and who knows how I'll do that...

I also put the borders on the double four patch quilt I mentioned before. The border fabric really suits the quilt, so I'm pleased with that. Decided to be a good girl and actually mitre the borders - again, it suited the border fabric.

And also helped Sarah (DD1, aged nearly 9) work on her current quilt, which is a log cabin in a variety of colours (and neutrals). She was working on her blue blocks today - she made 3 of them & she also has 3 red blocks done. She needs 7 each green and purple, but I'm thinking we might wait on some of those until after we go to the US, so she has a chance to buy some more green & purple FQs for her stash first. The girl would steal all my fabric if she thought she could get away with it. (I know, I've trained her well!)

So, a bit of a day for quilt helpers, though really today the helpers were quite helpful - sometimes, it's debatable. But I wanted to photograph a few larger tops and as it was quite windy, I needed someone to hold the bottom so the quilt top didn't completely fly away...

No comments: