Sunday, September 17, 2006
Managed to get the borders on this quilt now - I think it looks nice. No idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but it can go into the box of finished tops (yes, I have a box of them) and wait until it's needed. Which works for me. I also managed to get the binding sewn onto Cathi's string quilt, which I tied last night watching telly. Tonight and tomorrow I will sew the binding down, then it's ready to be posted off. Hoorah.
I'm pleased with the way it looks - the ties don't really show in this photo, but they are there, in several colours - at the junctions of the blocks and in the centre, which makes them a little less than 4 inches apart in all directions. Hopefully that will hold it - it's not got any batting in it anyway, I just used a thin soft furry fabric - no idea what it is, but it's washable, which I thought was important with small kids in a house! And of course, the binding hasn't been turned and sewed down yet, but you get the general idea.