Among the other fabric found when I went through the kids' stash of fabric was this fairy fabric (from Ikea, I think) - I hadn't planned to do anything else pink for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but these fairies seemed, once fussy-cut, ideal as centres for some quick pink and purple blocks, so I changed my mind. There was enough fabric for 12 of them, some in 6 inch blocks (before adding any other fabric), some 6x8 - easy enough to even them all out once I started adding rounds.
Of course, I chose a variation of my go-to block, the Log Cabin. This is more of a courthouse steps blocks as I have chosen to make opposite sides match, rather than adjacent sides. Although there are only 9 blocks shown, I did make 12, so it will be a nice small quilt for Project Linus or something similar, once I put the blocks together.