Thursday, December 26, 2013

Inspired by the block lotto...again


Today I needed something to sew where I didn't have to think a great deal, and which would attack the scraps which are once again building up in my strip bag and my scrap basket, so I decided to go with the idea of the December block in the block lotto (with strips added down the sides to make it a square). There are more to come, but these were the finished ones - others are still in process. This will probably be the first quilt top for donation made in 2014 - though I do still have a stack of 2013 tops in the house...

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That would make a fabulous large quilt using scraps.

Kathy S. said...

You're always so good at attacking those scraps in your scrap basket. What a great quilt for that! Happy New Year, Kate!

Lynne said...

Looks good. I can't think of any other way of using rectangular blocks, other than in a brick-like manner. Are they twice as long as they are wide?