Friday, June 21, 2013

Goodies!


This weekend brought a lovely visit from my friend Karol-Ann, who lives in Yorkshire, but came down to London to go to the tennis. Handily, I live very close to the tennis (15 minute drive for most of the year, a lot longer during the actual fortnight) so she came for dinner and to crash for the night before heading back. Her mum, who is visiting from South Africa, came along as well; I also invited my friend Lana, who knows Karol-Ann because they both have Nolting longarm machines (KA acquired hers recently and Lana helped her get it all set up) and who lives nearby and also has her mother visiting from abroad, so we all had a lovely evening of eating and chatting and eating and telling stories and eating...  There was no sewing done, but there were fabricy gifts - a great hexagon bag, which I will probably use as a project bag as it's quite soft (yeah, I know, fabric bags are always soft, but here I mean, not very rigid in structure) so will probably work better in that context than as a handbag.


And she also brought me some nice tonal fabrics in my sort of colours...

There were some little pencil cases and coin purses or other purpose zip-type bags for the kids, but they seem to have wandered off around the house elsewhere, and I can't be bothered to track them down for photos!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I'm so jealous. I'd love to see you both again!