Sunday, May 15, 2011

More scrappy strings



In addition to the string hearts, I have been making blocks to use up other strings not incorporated in the hearts - I have sensibly saved the yellow, orange, brown and black strings as we haven't had those colours yet in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I decided not to save the white and neutral strings because even if we have a month which is that colour, I won't make string heart blocks as they wouldn't work with all neutrals and cream corners...

So. I made some 5" (finished) string squares. I am thinking of a snowball-ish type arrangement with these, but with variable size corners - partly for interest (it will give a sort of spool effect) and partly because it will be easier if the corners don't have to match. Something like this, perhaps:


Of course, all the strings will be scrappy rather than the same, but I didn't want an all-night EQ5 project, just a little sketch!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

There you go, inspiring me again! LOL

I want to make some drawstring bags (for charity) from my scraps - scrappy strings seems perfect! Thanks.

Sarah Craig said...

That's a great idea, Kate! I love the little spools... And anything that makes matching the blocks easier is genius!!

Lynn W. said...

I like the off kilter snowball look you posted. I'm ab out to start working on using up my leftover strips. I set mine on a diagonal so I can use the shorter strips. Wonder what one would look like snowballed. maybe on one side only? hummmm