Monday, May 16, 2011

Daybright



So, a while back, I got rid of some of my block stash that I was probably never going to do anything with, by sending blocks to various people - often to folks I know through blogging who make charity quilts. This beauty was made by Sarah for her church's quilt ministry (read more here about this particular quilt) so I can take pride in having been part - even if only in a small way - in making this beauty, which she has called Daybright. Works for me... And so much better than the blocks languishing in my sewing room for another year or two. Or three...

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh yes: a win-win-win situation; a win for you with less clutter and the good feelings that come from being part of something bigger, a win for your friend with pre-made blocks and a win for the recipient.

Yay all round!

Judy Sommerfield-Fox said...

The receipient of this quilt will love it!!

Sarah Craig said...

The recipient of this quilt does love it - the people who delivered it brought me a picture and he had a huge smile on his face. Turned out the quilt matched the chair they just bought him to rest in perfectly. The gentleman has stage four lung cancer and just went through surgery to help restore his voice after his vocal cords became paralyzed. He was very surprised and touched, and loved the colors in the quilt. Thanks again, Kate!!

sewkalico said...

Looks wonderful! Well done boh of you!