Monday, May 09, 2011

The future looks like baby quilts...


Well, after complaining recently that I was accumulating baby quilt tops and no one I knew was having babies, I have found out that 5 different friends & relatives are now expecting (actually, I think I knew about one of them when I made that complaint). A former colleague of Geoff's and friend is due first of the lot, I think, not sure quite when. A co-worker at school, a neighbour, a good quilty friend and I just found out my sister-in-law are also expecting some time in the autumn. I also have another friend who is hoping to adopt, so if that goes through, another baby quilt occasion, I reckon. Here are some of the possibilities (and of course, there are more in my stash!) - I'm not sure if any of these folks will find out in advance the gender of the baby, so I may not use the blue string one, unless I am sure of a boy. I don't really hold to all that pink/blue stuff, but I know it would confuse people to give a girl baby a blue quilt...


I'm definitely going to use the top one, which is one of my favourite funky tops. But what about the other ones? Even if I am making 5, there still have to be some decisions made... Opinions gladly listened to, though potentially ignored if I disagree...















5 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

oh decisions decisions!! I love the last two...and the house one and the ... oh it's no use...they would all be wonderful!

Seems the last few years it's been all weddings for us...and for the first year ever we don't have a wedding to attend....but those that have married are now pregnant!! I have two quilts to make for October!

sewkalico said...

They are all wonderful!!! The top one is my favourite, but then I'm sure no-one would complain about receiving ANY of them because they sure beat a bought anything!!
I suddenly had to put a rush on a babyquilt today - just did SITD because I found out baby came yesterday and I didn't want to send my gift too late!
BTW, I was also trying a similar design to your top one with a charm pack yesterday using a design from that book 'Triangle Free quilts' which I think I bought off you... I am starting to think my blog and quilt life is echoing yours LOL. But at least I am finally sewing.
How was this for the longest comment I have ever left anyone?? LOL

floribunda said...

I like all of them, too. I think the third from the bottom is my favorite -- is that a disappearing 9-patch? Love the use of color!

greelyrita said...

They're really beautiful, all of them! My favourite is the pink flying geese one. If you wait until the babies are born, you can do the blue/pink thing or match what you think the parents want. I once made a baby blanket for a baby was 'still born' and to a young mother too. She just wanted to forget the whole thing. Now, I wait until the babies are born.

Needled Mom said...

OMGoodness....so many decisions! I love the idea of leaving the pink/blue in favor of the colors. I see happy babies!!!