Monday, May 31, 2010

Wonky log cabins



Here are beginnings of some wonky log cabins made with hand-dye scraps. My dyeing group is going to swap these later in the year, and as I was looking for something fairly straightforward to piece today, I decided these were just the thing. They are going to be 12" blocks - at the moment they are 5-6", so we've got a ways to go. Hopefully it will make a bit of a dent in the basket in which I keep my hand-dye scraps!

I also spent a while today working on my quilt top for ALQS4 - I think I'm not going to blog that as I go along, though, and let everyone be surprised when they see the quilts on the swap blog. I've got pictures of 3 so far; soon I will start putting them up!

1 comment:

mumzy said...

I had never heard of a Wonky Log Cabin quilt before but it does sound like a fun quilt.