Saturday, May 15, 2010

Spring - for a moment, anyway

Finally, a day with some more time in the sewing room! First order of business was actually to get the binding on Alex's quilt, which I did - a photo of that tomorrow, once I've finished sewing it down.





But while out and about on errands today, I couldn't resist popping in to our local haberdashery/craft department, and picking up a few treats. This morning was lovely and sunny, and springlike - as you might expect from May - though it got less nice later. Still, I was enjoying the spring weather enough to tempt me into buying some spring-like goodies (and some other goodies as well, of course), which I later used to make a batch of ATCs...



I also picked up this scarf in a charity shop - I saw it hanging in the window and was tempted in to acquire it. The nice little old lady working in the shop commented on it, but I didn't have the heart to tell her I planned to cut it up and use it as the base for an art quilt (just as well, really, as it's made from some really dreadful material and has the most synthetic texture imagineably - it was the various shades of blue which attracted me, and the lettering, of course).

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those are great ATCs. I've collected some do-dads for embellishments, but haven't done nearly as much as I want to.

Doreen said...

These ATCs are lovely. Almost as nice as the ones you swapped with me! I have been to the V & A to see the quilts. I whole-heartedly agree with the comments you made earlier. Thanks for the advice on the pricing of the fabric. I chose my own set!
Doreen

sewkalico said...

Lovely AtC's and that blue scarf looks like fabulous background fabric!

Anonymous said...

The ATCs are beautiful!! I love the addition of the dragonflies!

Karla Jordan said...

Kate, you are so talented. I love looking at your work!