Saturday, May 29, 2010
Canal House C
This is the third house in the row - a canal house with a boat parked in front - makes sense! The house looks a little strange in the photo because of the 1/2" seam allowance on the sides - the edge of the roof is the edge of the house.
I decided to do the windows using Angelina this time - I made a piece of "fabric" from the fibres and then cut out the rectangles. This is fairly effective and not too fiddly; I might use it again in whole or in part for more windows. Our "required fabric" - the one we have to use a piece of in every house, I used for the outside of the boat in this house. I am trying to use it in a different place in each house, but I may run out of places before the end... The fabric I used for the body of the house is a piece of rust-dyed fabric (which someone else dyed).
This is a nice project to work on over a long time - because I am doing the houses one a time I am pretty much making them up as I go along (following the pattern of the house, of course) - mostly based on what fabric I can find that makes a suitable water and/or sky. I think the next one might have a pieced sky, as I found a nice bit of water fabric, which is big enough not to need to be pieced. I haven't done a pieced sky yet, so that will make a nice change. As for the windows, who knows - the only thing I know is that the more of them I can do in a way different from House A (appliqued frames - all that satin stitching!), the better.