Sunday, November 29, 2009

Birthday ATC Swap - 2010



Over the past year, I hosted a (mostly) successful swap of ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)* - mostly in mixed media or fabric, but also some in paper. I had a lot of fun with this (as did, I hope, many of the participants) and I intend to run another round next year. Here's how it works:



I'll take somewhere around 30 participants (and if there's a huge swell of interest, I am happy to run two groups) - so that we average around 3 ATCs per month, which shouldn't be too much of a burden for anyone.


Each month, you will be expected to send one ATC (in any media, on any theme, must be your own creation, can be something you made earlier) to each of the participants whose birthday is that month (any time during the month is fine). I will send a reminder each month to help you out. Also, there is a yahoo group for the swap, which you will be expected to join in order to take part (very low volume of messages, mostly used for acknowledgements, lateness apologies and posting reminders). In turn, in your birthday month, you will receive ATCs from everyone else. Easy as that.



If you are interested, send me an email to katelnorth at yahoo dot com (or leave a comment here, but if you do that, be sure I can contact you - comments set to no-reply are hard to respond to, unless I have your email address already for some other reason). I'll need to have your full name and postal address (but don't leave that in a comment) and also, your birthday (I don't need the year!).

*ATCs are 2.5x3.5" creations; they can be made from virtually anything, the main rule is that you are not allowed to buy and sell them, but must swap with other artists to increase your collection... If you missed seeing the ones I received for this swap, here's a post with a big chunk of them...

11 comments:

Kathy said...

The ATC birthday swap sounds like fun. Having made three ATCs with your advice, I think I can actually do this swap. Please put me on the list. I think you have all the information about me. LOL


Mom

Pauline Wood said...

Hi Kate,
Please count me in again for 2010. Have enjoyed the challenge.
Regards Pauline Brewis

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Kate, count me in again. Also, your ATC went out in the mail yesterday so you should have it by this weekend or the first of next week!

Joy V said...

Kate - count me in again for next year - I had so much fun this year. BTW you card should be in your mail box very soon....Joy in Australia

morningDove said...

count me in again too. although i am rushing to get Nov's out, sorry for being late.

Marja said...

Hallo Kate, I should love to be in this birthday swap!
Regards, Marja.

Penny said...

I think I can manage this one Kate Penny

Beate Knappe said...

This is wonderful - I turn 60 next Year and will get same of wonderful cards on this day for sure!!!!
yes, count me in I'm a Part of this Swap
Beate

Jo Hendy said...

Hi Kate, I would like to join the swap - this will be something new for me but hopefully will enjoy the challenge!
thanks Jo Hendy

Tracey said...

Hi Kate - I know I am very late with this but I'm interested if you are still open for participants

日月神教-向左使 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.