Monday, November 09, 2009

Drunkard's Path...



Now here's something you don't see often - I got these lovely fat quarters in the post today from Lisa in return for some cross-stitch stuff I sent her (ironically, she was my send-to partner for the Four Seasons Seasonal Swap and she received the log cabin Christmas Tree quilt from me today as well) and they were so perfect - great colours (accurate on the right - purple, not blue!) and very autumnal, that I felt I had to do something with them right away. Luckily, this desire coincided with several free hours this afternoon (kids all farmed out various places, so I didn't have to do the afternoon school run) so I knocked up a slightly free-form Drunkard's Path mini for the November BQL Challenge. I shall use the dark brown on the back and more red & purple to bind it - I might quilt with leaves. It's not big (I think 16" square), though it's a bit bigger than the 12" squares many of the BQL Challenge members are doing for their perpetual calendars.

3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

very pretty...ive never done a drunkards path, did you sew it by hand or machine? I love when a project comes together so quickly!

mumzy said...

What a gorgeous combination of colours and what you did with those was wonderful. I just love it.

TexasRed said...

I love these colors! What a perfect project for this fall!