Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cross stitch update...



Well, thanks to all of you who expressed interest in my unwanted cross-stitch pieces. Most of them will be off to new homes shortly - if you are interested in either of the two pieces which no one has yet staked a claim to, please let me know (repeated below FYI).

On the actual stitching front, here's the progress I've made on my Hallowe'en sampler - not quite as much as I'd like, but then I got distracted by things like doing the (online) grocery shopping tonight and didn't stitch. Tomorrow, maybe! (And yes, it will say "Trick or Treat", not "Trick or At"...) No proper sewing will be done this week as I am still covering for a TA at school - until Friday at least. I have to say, I am glad of the money, though of course I miss the free time. Yes, time IS money!





Fruit Bellpull. I used to be really attracted to mammoth pieces (I think because a lot of the smaller things were kind of naff), and though I like this, I'm not in love with it, and I know I'll never finish it. I originally thought I might finish just the peaches, but realistically, even that doesn't really interest me. There's only enough linen included for the peaches, but the patterns are there for all the fruits shown. This is on either 28 or 32 count linen - I can't really work up the energy to count it! No threads included.



Fish. This is one I started a long time ago with an eye to possibly giving it my my mom & stepdad for a room in their house which had a nautical theme. They sold the house, though and I'm not really interested in finishing it. The booklet includes patterns for the one I've started and a bunch more. Blue linen, again a high count.

5 comments:

Myra said...

I love Halloween stitching - can't wait to see how this one turns out.

mumzy said...

The Halloween cross stitching pattern is sweet. I wish I could do cross stitching but it is too hard on my eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love the fish themed cross-stitch, i would love to claim it if it's still up for grabs!!!

Anonymous said...

If the bell pull is spare I'm v happy to receive it.
Best
Joyce F (identity as per atc swap)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed visiting your blog- I have had cross stitch shop (brick) for years, but just created a online store and working on my blog (new to all this internet stuff)
Feel free to stop by I offer fast friendly service
Thanks
Paula
http://www.thecranberrycupboard.com