After I uploaded the better picture of my new quilt yesterday, I forgot to blog again about what I'd worked on - d'oh! Anyway, with an entire day of quilting time, I did manage to get quite a bit done. I feel much better now about all the committments I have...
The first thing was to make two more 18 inch King's Highway blocks for the black and batik swap - I like the colour balance on these much better and am very pleased with them. [I was going to post a picture of them, but blogger just won't do it without making the text all doo-lally, so I'll just have to put a link here instead...]
I now have to do the 9 inch blocks for the same swap - I think there are 12 to do; I am doing a ball and chain block and I have to say, I was not very happy with the first one I did, but the second one came out much better. The HST units in this block are really small, and a bit fiddly, but the effect is nice when the block is finished, so I think it's worth it. When these are done, I don't think I'll be making it again... Anyway, I got two done yesterday, and will do the others (or some of them anyway) today. They are in a variety of colours - whatever I happened to have in small (but big enough) scraps in my batik box.
And finally, I managed to nearly finish my postcards for International Women's Day - all that remains to do is the satin stitch around the edges, and they can go off in the post this afternoon, with a March 8th postmark, which is appropriate, if slightly later than I have hoped to have them posted. Oh well, these things happen. And there are about 4 extras, so they can go in my growing stash of surplus postcards, to be used in other open theme swaps later in the year. Or for birthdays. Or whatever.