Saturday, May 11, 2013

Goodies


I didn't do any sewing today, as I went swimming with the kids (finally had a week where I could go myself, though the pool was packed so it was hard work doing lengths) and then had a load of errands to run in the afternoon, but one of the errands was to a fabric shop in Kingston, to look at things for school.  It's not a quilt shop, it has far more of the shiny, stretchy, furry type fabrics, but on a small table there was a selection of fat quarter bundles marked "quilting collections".  It's probably not the very best cotton fabric, but it's 100 per cent cotton, and better yet - £3.50 for 4 fat quarters (yes, I hear you gasp, that works out to £3.50/metre). How could I resist?


I also dug through the remnant bin and found this (hard to see - it's kind of meshy, very soft, would do well for layering in arty projects) - there's at least 70cm of it - for £1. I will probably only ever use about 12" square - this is why I had so many sheers and things like that in my bin I recently cleared out - when you use this sort of thing on tiny projects you often end up with lots of leftovers.  But for now, I'll keep it all, and someday, there will be another clearout...


And finally, in Wilkinsons (which for those outside the UK is kind of like Woolworths), some washi tape - 2 rolls for £1.75.  I'm sure it's not the best washi tape - it is Wilkinson's, after all - but at that price, it will do me just fine!  Tomorrow will perhaps bring some time for creating (though there's a lot of cleaning to be done as well...)

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Those FQ's are a great find. I must go hunting when I'm in Kingston next week as I need some fabric for the project our Senior Section are creating. I find the same with sheers you always have too much. However we had a challenge evening at Brownies and Guides last week and they used up a considerable amount producing some really lovely items.

ruthsplace said...

Lots of lovely fabric in the Fat Quarter bundles, what a great find.

Lynne said...

Oooo, some great finds. I love the fabric with the bright colours on the black background!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I never think of Wilkinson's for crafty things...worth having a look. We have a big "The Range" shop here and that has quite of few interesting bits and pieces...but I've yet to look without the ball and chain (er... hubby and kid) to have a good look LOL