Monday, May 27, 2013

Bank holiday sewing


Here are the three flying geese I decided to submit to the block lotto this month (although I will donate my chances). 


I did, however, make a large stack to use for a Linus quilt top


and there are a few more waiting to be put together still. 


But of course, being me, I couldn't only do one thing,  and noticing that my strip bag was filling up quite a lot again, I reverted to my block of choice - the Log Cabin.  I decided to make all the centres a black & white HST unit, and then do a vague light/dark around the outside. 


I love log cabin blocks. You may have noticed this! Such a fun, easy, versatile block.   These have strips cut at 1/5", so they use most widths of scraps - all but the narrowest. But it's easier to keep the size consistent if the rounds aren't TOO narrow.   I'll probably finish these off tomorrow, along with the final few flying geese. What's next? I have a few projects I really SHOULD work on, so perhaps I'll actually get to a few of those!

3 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Are you sewing the log cabins onto a foundation?

Vicki W said...

You had a really productive day!

Marei said...

I just used up all my 2.5" strips but now the 1.5" & 2" are overflowing. Was just going to make some string blocks but now I'm thinking log cabins would be a great way to go. And I like the HST as the center. Might have to steal that idea as well. :)