Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ATC Round Robins


One of the things I've been doing lately is taking part in ATC round robins - this is where multiple people work on a project before it goes back to the owner. The way this particular one works is that one person starts 3 cards - similar, usually, though often not identical. They send all three to a second person, who adds something (again, usually similar). That person sends them to a third, who finishes the card, keeps one and sends the other two back to person 1 (who keeps one and sends one to person 2 - confused yet?).  Anyway, the upshot is three similar cards worked on by three different people. Each of the people who worked on the cards gets one to keep.  This is a set which I finished off -I was person 3 on them. (In this case, I think the first person did the background, the second added the photo, I added the musical tape, the caption and the fleur-de-lis.)


This is a set where I was person number two - I added the piece of lace and the lock and key charms before sending them along to person 3. 


And again, on this set I was the second person - I added the ribbon across the bottom and the line of funky stitching crossing the card. 


I have also started a number of card sets - I made the backgrounds and sent them off to be worked on by others - here are some with a coffee theme (it was a napkin)


and some with houses and maps (and Korean text from a Korean newspaper).


These cards are a background with felt stars sewn on, and I know that the second person has worked on them - if you want to see what she added, you can go to the A4A forum and scroll down this page a little - there's a photo. 


These are just paper collage


as as these - though the paper is quite funky here.  I try to send a variety of different types of things out so I get a variety of things back. I really like doing the round robins because other people think of different additions than you might otherwise use yourself - it's fun to see what happens!

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

You are tempting me to make some ATCs...

Lyndsey said...

Oh so tempting to make ATC's but not sure I have time right now.