Sunday, October 21, 2007

More postcards (what a surprise)


I imagine today's post looks quite similar to yesterday, but that's what I did before it was time for Olivia's birthday party - I finished the rest of the green cards, then finished the flapper cards, which I think came out very well. The images on the cards are from Artchix Studios, who I love. I could spend tons of money on their images.

I also started two other sets of cards, just messing around. One is for the confetti swap - lots of tiny bits layered on top of one another, then stitched down with FME/FMQ, etc. I think those are going to take a little while to do, so I wanted to get a start on them. They aren't hard or anything, but all those little bits have to be arranged right side up! And I started the Letters swap for BQLPC, although I threw out my original idea (a mosaic effect) as it wasn't working as well as I'd imagined, so I've gone for something different - photos of that one tomorrow, and maybe the confetti one, too, depending on what else I have to show. Oh, and I really must remember to take a photo of the little cross-stitch I finished - in fact, I will go do that now before I forget again. Hang on!

Okay, here it is - good thing I photographed it, as I've just noticed the "F" is missing one stitch at the bottom. Must go back and take care of that before I send it to anyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate,

Cool....your 1920's cards! And double cool...I won :)...I am so happy! And now I'll have to get my butt in gear and post to my blog :)...since I clicked on the Peggy link to see if it was indeed me! I have items to show. I'll send you my address via email.

I checked out your ice skating videos and it looked fun. The girls looked like they were enjoying themselves. Do they have figure skating over there?

I hope that party was a success today.

Later
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Very cool sampler!

zizzybob said...

I used to do counted cross stitch until my eyes went bad. How on earth did I ever see those tiny little x's?
Yours is lovely. I think I'll go watch the ice skating.