Monday, October 15, 2007

Blocks & more blocks



Well, normal postal service seems to have resumed, and I'm back to my lovely squishies on the doormat. I missed them :) Today's post brought me the Oct/Nov QA magazine, which I have already more or less devoured and this lovely sunset card from Judi. The photo is a bit dark, the card itself is a bit more vibrant and shiny.



And here's what I did today: a Think Pink block to send to Toni's quilt shop for a charity quilt and a birthday block for Becca, who wanted stars with a Hallowe'en theme. I don't have any Hallowe'en fabrics, so have just used black, orange and purple (and a little green - those dots are green, believe it or not). Those of you who have been following the birthday block swap will no doubt recognise this star! I also made half a paper-pieced teapot for Grace (photo tomorrow, when I finish it) and cut the pieces for Robin's block from last month, which is outstanding. Hopefully I will finish these tomorrow and be up to date with that swap.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Glad to see the post is finally getting thro. I'm still waiting for my QA - hopefully tomorrow.
I do like the Halloween star -great colours.

sewkalico said...

my star?

Anonymous said...

Those blocks are great! Love the colours.

Sherry said...

Yeahhh! may the post be with you!

Sarah said...

I'm still waiting for my QA magazine. I'm sure it's in a bag somewhere...LOL