Friday, October 05, 2007

Longarmer bonanza


So, here are the photos of the two quilts I got back from the longarmer yesterday - the first one (top) is blocks from a Chinese coins swap, and has been quilted with a big fern meander - just adds texture, really, as the top is quite busy in itself.

The second is a very old quilt top - I think this might be about the 3rd or 4th top I made - or maybe not quite as old as that, but it's certainly been around fora very long time, the centre of it, anyway. The borders may have gone on a few years later. Anyway, I love this apple panto on it - really makes it feel lovely and autumnal. I think this one might go on my bed - it has a nice feel to it, and the dense quilting certainly helps with the places where it was a bit puffy.

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Done is a great feeling, isn't it? That apple panto *is* cute - I've never seen it before and it add just the right fall feeling to that very pretty quilt. 3rd or 4th? Not too shabby at all! You were born to do this!

Lynda said...

Gorgeous quilting - really enhances the quilts rather than fight with them. I specially like the apples - they are perfect for the quilt!

Quilting Pirate said...

I so love the apple pano as well...it's a very nicely done design!

I enjoy all your quilts!

black bear cabin said...

Love the colors and the apple panto...ive never seen anything like that either...very pretty indeed! How exciting to have a new quilt for your bed...its so rare that quilters ever keep any of their work. Hurrah for you! :)
Have a fabulous weekend!
lisajo

Anonymous said...

ooh i really love the second quilt :) what quilt block is that?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

The apples are so apt for the colour of the quilt and they are so sweet..

carrie said...

Nice quilts, Kate. I particularly like the 2nd one with the apple quilting

JustCindy said...

The quilts are both beautiful.

zizzybob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.