Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday stuff


First day of the half-term holiday here, and luckily, the kids wanted to watch telly and do nothing much this morning (and managed to do so without constant arguing - how long that will last is another story) so that means, sewing time for Mummy... I started with this 6x6 piece for a "Vintage Women" Mixed Media Monday Challenge (I should probably stay away from challenge blogs, I know, I know) - as I had leftover flappers from the 20's cards, it seemed only appropriate. Originally, she wanted to be called Rose, but I had used both the S's on my letters postcards, so it had to be something else.... [Oh, and as it's a mixed media challenge, I should list the ingredients, I suppose: fabric, paper, German gold scrap, silk flower, plastic netting, stickers on a hand-dyed background with free motion quilting. Pelmet vilene to stiffen (no batting).]


And to the right is what I think I'm going to do for the confetti cards - something similar, anyway. This is my third prototype, and it's finally getting to where I'm happy with it. Still needs a little fiddling, but getting there.



These are my letters cards, which now just need backing and edging before being ready to post - I did the little cross-stitch bits tonight, as well as the morse code (straight stitch & French Knots, which are on there somewhere). The only thing missing is I wanted to stamp each one with a letter somewhere, but damned if I can find my letter stamps - I can only find S, A, R, H & N, which I extracted to stamp Sarah's name on something for school, and can I find what I did with the rest of the alphabet? Grr! It's probably somewhere safe...




Also received these two cards today - the left from Melinda from the recycle swap - she's used an old pillowcase, lace napkins & even a coke can. Clever girl. And the right is a confetti card from Sarah - maybe I'll just copy her idea as I like it better than anything I've come up with yet!

9 comments:

Diane said...

Kaate, I really love your Mixed Media Monday piece - thanks for participating. Diane

Anonymous said...

Wow ist so fabulous. Great work.

Anonymous said...

very sweet!

Sherry said...

I think they are both great ideas. but I love the recycling of the coke can. Great!

sewkalico said...

Your 'Vintage Woman' is beautiful!

Those safe places!!! I have loads of them all over the house LOL

Julie said...

Fleur is lovely and I like the letter cards too.

Anonymous said...

Love your vintage woman piece!

Anonymous said...

Great piece of art !!!

Anonymous said...

Graet work.