Monday, January 01, 2007

More show and tell




Well, I said that when I had another non-sewing day (which I had today, as expected, though we did get all the Christmas decorations down, the downstairs thoroughly cleaned and put back together and the various decorations and ornaments rearranged and rotated for 2007, so I don't feel I've accomplished nothing!) I would show my Christmas placemats that I got from my Pick'n'Mix Swap secret santa. Aren't they great? Technically, I don't know who made them, as it's a secret santa, but the group has been together for a number of years now and when someone makes something for a swap (which wasn't required) we tend to recognise the style, so I do know whose work they are. She must have spent ages on them, but I love them and they aren't anything I ever would have made for myself as those of you who know my fondness for applique can attest! (OK, I don't hate it, but I sure wouldn't do anything like this by hand - ever.)
I've put them away now, but I put them in the "early Christmas" bag - the one with the advent calendars, the door wreath and the window snowflakes in, so at least next year I'll get to have them on the table for the entire month of December - not that I'll let anyone eat off them, but at least they can adorn the table in the interims between meals!



1 comment:

Angie said...

You lucky, lucky girl!! Those are adorable! And I wouldn't let them eat on them either! LOL