Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Full day of quilting



And today I actually mean quilting. I had a day on the longarm machine today, which is good - my goal for this year is to get at least 10 quilts longarm quilted (as opposed to small quilts, wallhangings, baby quilts, anything I do on the regular machine). I have at least that many tops ready with the corresponding backings, and more tops with no backing yet, so it won't be too hard to find the quilts to do, just the time. But that's fewer than one a month, so I have high hopes.


This top is made entirely of hand-dyes, most of them my own, with a few in there from some swaps with my dye group - it's been hanging around for ages, so it was nice to finally get it quilted. It's not quite as swirly as I'd like from this particular pattern, but hand-dyes are notoriously hard to stitch through, so it's not entirely surprising. Still, the overall effect is good, and I'm pleased with it. At the moment, it has no intended function - I may just keep it for myself!
The backing is hand-dyed, too - you can just see the pink of it peeking out from under the top in the top photo - it's more variegated than that in real life, but basically, it's bright pinky purple.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Your handdyes are beautiful. I love the quilt. Lucky you to have a longarm!