Monday, September 09, 2013

Distracted by tumblers


Since I bought a 60 degree ruler while in the US this summer, I had planned at some point to make a butterfly quilt - I've been wanting to since I saw this one on Jane's blog. It was more or less next on my list. and then, well, then I saw these tumblers on Sandie's blog and decided that really, what I needed to do next was some tumblers. 


Rather than make them entirely scrappy, I decided to use a coordinated set of FQs I've had for some time (left pile of fabric) with a few other pieces which went ok with them thrown in.


I cut lots of tumblers and began to stitch them together - I haven't got any more than 4 sewn together - I will have to decide soon how long I want the rows to be, but definitely longer than 4, so I have a little way to go, no matter what...


Here's a pile of rectangles waiting to be marked and cut into tumbler shapes. I don't have a template; I'm just doing it by hand, which is simple enough.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You are really going to have fun! Those rulers will make the cutting so much easier.

Lynne said...

I bought a s all tumbler template ages ago for RSC, thanks for reminding me that I could do mono-colour rows rather than blocks!

Lyndsey said...

Oh I love tumblers, they go together easily and look so effective.

Julierose said...

Love your choice of colorways for these--it'll be really rich looking! Lovely work Julierose