Since I bought a 60 degree ruler while in the US this summer, I had planned at some point to make a butterfly quilt - I've been wanting to since I saw this one on Jane's blog. It was more or less next on my list. and then, well, then I saw these tumblers on Sandie's blog and decided that really, what I needed to do next was some tumblers.
Rather than make them entirely scrappy, I decided to use a coordinated set of FQs I've had for some time (left pile of fabric) with a few other pieces which went ok with them thrown in.
I cut lots of tumblers and began to stitch them together - I haven't got any more than 4 sewn together - I will have to decide soon how long I want the rows to be, but definitely longer than 4, so I have a little way to go, no matter what...
Here's a pile of rectangles waiting to be marked and cut into tumbler shapes. I don't have a template; I'm just doing it by hand, which is simple enough.