Ever since I saw this on Jane's blog, I've been wanting to try out some of these butterflies, but until my trip to the US this summer, I didn't have a 60 degree ruler. But now, armed with my ruler. I decided to give it a go. The tutorial is actually from Red Pepper Quilts, and is pretty easy to follow, though as my ruler is slightly different to hers, I had to guess a little about how the background is cut. But it seems to have worked ok.
I chose this stripy neutral with hearts for the bodies of the butterflies and am using a blue for the background - the wings are just whatever I have in the right size scraps. So far so good!