Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chilis, framed.


In the light of economy and the reduce, reuse, recycle ethos, I am trying to source picture frames for some of my cross-stitches (especially the larger and/or oddly shaped ones) from charity shops. To this end, I carry around a little piece of paper in my wallet with the sizes of the unframed pieces on it, so when I ran across this piece in a charity shop the other day, I was pretty sure the frame would fit...


At £3.50 (it was in the half-price sale bin outside the shop), it was a bargain, though I didn't have the heart to tell the two women behind the counter that I only wanted it for the frame.


The stitchery inside is well done (the back is much more beautiful than mine usually are) but not very me. I've kept it, though, at least for the time being. Anyone have any ideas what I can do with it?

5 comments:

Sharon W. said...

Use it as an insert for one of those fabulous bags you produce!

Needled Mom said...

How about incorporating it into a scrappy quilt...maybe strips?

Unknown said...

Long vertical centre panel for a cushion with toning fabric either side

Lynne said...

Needled Mom has already said what I was going to say!

Angela said...

A girl after my own heart. I'd soon lose a piece of paper though so I have a note on Evernote on my phone, lol. It looks great, I now this might sound a bit sacrilegious to some but if you're not keen on it as it is I'd be tempted to chop it up and use it as backgrounds or parts of some of those lovely postcards and ATCs you make