Monday, May 06, 2013

Rail fence assembled


Now here's a bank holiday for you - a morning spent sewing, followed by an afternoon sitting in the garden reading in the sunshine. What could be better?

I put together the taupe blocks for the rail fence (yes, I do need a design wall, but as I'm unlikely to get one in this current house, my design floor will have to do (and sometimes, my design bed)). I also put together a number of other tops - 6 more, I think - which means that my rather full basket of block sets now looks like this: 


OK, yes, there are still some blocks there, but it's a lot better than yesterday morning, when I started!

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE the red in there.

It sounds like the perfect bank holiday to me.

Veronica Roth said...

Holy smokes Kate that's going to be a fantastic quilt. I'm with Needled Mom, loving the red in there. I didn't get a bank holiday Monday today in Vancouver :( Oh well, just another month and a bit and I'll be in E. :)

ruthsplace said...

Perfect holiday. The red in those blocks is great.

I also have a design floor...

Dolores said...

I'm always in awe of your production. You produce an amazing amount of everything. Do you sleep much?

Plum Cox said...

What a lovely sounding BH Monday! What a productive weekend! Taupe railfence looking particularly lovely.

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt wit the red centers!

Kate North said...

Thanks for your comment, Veronica - your email is set to no-reply so I can't respond directly; I hope you look back here! I love the red in these blocks - I think it was the main thing that attracted me to them when I saw them on Tazzie's blog originally...

Lynne said...

I'm with Mary, I love that little touch of red! Looks great! My design wall is a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth which WM added rivets to and is hung by shower curtain rings on a curtain rod over a wardrobe. When not in use, I can take it down or push it aside to access the wardrobe!