Thursday, May 02, 2013

New Old Quilt


This is a quilt which I made a long time ago - not sure how long - for Geoff's parents. It was on their bed for ages, and then, when Lucy moved into a home, it went with her to be on her bed there.  After the funeral last week, Stuart (Geoff's brother) gave us some of the belongings from Lucy's room, and this was one of them - he thought I might like to have it back.  I thought that was a lovely idea, so it's now with us as another snuggle quilt in our living room (I may have to remove something else from the basket in order for it to fit, though). It was always quite a pale quilt, but it's faded a lot - probably because their bedroom was very sunny, so it often sat in full sun. But I think quilts are made to be used, so that's not a problem, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm happy to have it back...

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love a worn quilt, especially one I've made. It tells me that it brought someone a lot of comfort.

Lynne said...

It will bring back memories of a relationship which has ended physically but which will not be forgotten!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's lovely and even more extra special because it was loved and used!

Melinda said...

I have a quilt that I had given my mother many years ago. She left it on the back of the couch and it is very faded but it is my favorite nap quilt.