Sunday, April 07, 2013

Low Volume Hearts


No sewing today, as we had friends around for lunch & the afternoon, but I did get a chance to take photo of the low-volume heart blocks I won recently in the block lotto.  Having recently finished a quilt or two from previously won lotto blocks (like the Scottie Dog quilt I gave Sarah for Christmas and  the Red & White Split Four patch one I gave to Olivia's flute teacher as a wedding present) I feel less guilty at winning more blocks...

Not sure what I will do with these - there are 39 (38 officially, but one person sent me an extra block which was pieced with the strings going the wrong way, just on the off chance I could use it).  I'm not sure how I will lay these out - perhaps sashed? Perhaps will make a few more to be able to lay them out 6x7 - or perhaps I will use the "wrong" block as a label on the back and use the 38 plus four corner blocks of some other sort.  I'll have to have a think about it for a while - the only thing I'm sure of is that unlike several other lotto block wins (the red & white one, or the modern clover blocks, for example) I will NOT be setting this one on point.  Which makes my life at least a little easier.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Congratulations on your win!