Sunday, August 26, 2012

Charming Stars


This is what I've been working on today - I had a selection of 5" squares (charm squares) from my visit to Karol-Ann and I was looking for something to do with them which still showed a lot of the fabrics, so after some googling, I decided on the Moda Bake Shop Charming Stars pattern, which has the virtue of being easy, versatile and attractive, as well as still showing most of the fabric in each square.   I supplemented the charm squares with selections from my own 5" squares collection - I don't have tons, but I have enough - and I think they are looking great. It's a good pattern (I only used the stars part, though, not all the sashing, etc). 


7 comments:

ruthsplace said...

I like this a lot! Great way to showcase the fabric.

sewkalico said...

Oh you are so clever- love it!!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

These are lovely, hope it's ok for me to Pin it for a future project!

Lynne said...

That is lovely!

Unknown said...

I really like this pattern - as you say plenty of interest but still shows lots of the fabric - would look good with a totally contrasting centre to the stars say white points and black centres too - mmm Mrs North I think you might be leading me astray here - after all I don't really already have at least 20 ufos still on the go!

Plum Cox said...

Ooohhhhh! I love this way of making stars appear and I'd forgotten it! Yours are lovely, and I think that I'd better put some on my 'to do' list as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Grit said...

Super !!
I love scrap Quilts.
Liebe Grüße Grit