Tuesday, August 07, 2012

A bit of quilting


So, today the kids were all at tennis camp for the bulk of the day - so after I did some grocery shopping I went home, set up the sewing machine on the dining room table, got out my cutting out and laminating for school in September, and made myself a carousel of activities. I can't quilt for too long at once as it makes my back hurt (and my hands), so I did a little quilting, a little cutting &/or laminating, a little going on the computer then a little doing small jobs around the house.  It all worked nicely, and I finished quilting this small piece - it's only little, but I quilted it quite densely with a sort of swirly pattern.  

Tomorrow I am taking a day uptown while the kids are at tennis, but Thursday, I'll be doing my sewing carousel again with another small quilt - not sure which one yet. 


2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like it was a good day "all around".

Lynne said...

What a great idea - well done you; a different kind of Round Robin!