Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hawaiian scrappy


Another scrappy pattern from Bonnie Hunter. This time, I decided to use some more of the fabric left from all my dad's Hawaiian shirts. This will be very scrappy, but fun, I think. I have something in mind to do with this one when it's finished (for once), so it's nice to have a plan. 


I started by cutting the required number of pieces from each fabric - here's a stack. There are 24 shirt fabrics (although I have now used one up, so there are only 23 left), which means 24 blocks, which is perfect.


Here's the remaining fabrics - really getting down there now - even after I made the initial 4 quilt tops, this box was totally full!

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Looks great.

By the way, there was some of the Hawaiian fabric you sent me in my last quilt. I thought of you while piecing it in.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

That's a bit of scrap happy! Cool!