Monday, August 20, 2012

Slash a stash


This quilt top is from a pattern called Slash a Stash by Susan Fuquay.   It's a fantastically easy pattern involving only 6" squares and 3.5" strips, with blocks then sliced into asymmetric quadrants and re-sewn.  In the original pattern, a limited number of fabrics are used, but although I repeated block centre fabrics (two each in my 20 blocks), all the border fabrics are the same - great way to use some smaller pieces of fabric. I've decided that I like this one a lot - the effect is brillliant - so it will be going on the keeper pile and the pattern will definitely be used again. 


This photo shows my bed quilt under the finished top, so just ignore the purple fabric and the trip around the world blocks!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Once I blew up the photo I could see Waht you were talking about - very effective!

black bear cabin said...

very pretty, love those fabrics...and in your favorite color palette...i cant imagine why you wanna keep it :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a great pattern...I love how you've keep to "low-volume" fabrics...very pretty!