Wednesday, May 02, 2012

More using things up



Here's another instance of people doing things with stuff I've passed along - this photo came from Sarah's blog - her quilt ministry has made a lovely quilt using a flimsy I sent along to her - the string hearts - with several borders added. It looks fantastic and will go off to someone who hopefully will be really comforted by it. If Sarah lived in the UK rather than the US, I'd send her a lot more flimsies as her quilt ministry is always able to use them and often turns them into really interesting pieces. As it is, I try to send her stuff when my mother comes to visit (she lives in the US, so she'll take a parcel back to the states and post it for me, so it doesn't cost so much).

4 comments:

Karen said...

This heart quilt is stunning. Someone is going to treasure this quilt. Thanks for the tutorial on making one. I will need to put this on my to do list.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

How wonderful! Great team work to get this finished and given to a good cause.

black bear cabin said...

sure is pretty...and i bet it will be well loved in its new home!

Lynne said...

It looks really good. Well done to both of oyu.