Sunday, May 06, 2012

More scraps out...


In my continuing quest to rid myself of scraps, I made this little top for PL from some 4" crumb blocks I had. There were 21, so I set them on point, even though it makes a kind of unbalanced top with more red spare at one side than the other (thought it occurs to me on seeing this photo, that it would probably look better the other way up). 

Of course, then I decided I was tired of making scrappy log cabins, and would stop doing them (I have 100 x 8" ones, and 48 x 6" ones already made) and go back to crumb blocks for the rest of the small scraps - here they are in a shoebox. They will be used as leaders and enders over the next few months, so there won't be a sudden accumulation of crumb blocks or anything...


2 comments:

Quilting By Celia said...

Love your little blocks; I found that technique so additictive, fun and so great to use up any fabric !

Lynne said...

Is there such a thing as being rid of scraps? LOL