Sunday, May 27, 2012

Blue baby quilt


Another day spent quilting (not the whole day, mind you) - I finished this baby quilt (finished quilting it, that is - the binding, while attached, isn't sewn down yet, so it still looks slightly unfinished) for an old friend of the family (someone I used to babysit) who is having a baby in September, I think. She lives in the States, so I will have my mother take the quilt back with her when her visit is finished - hence the need to quilt it now.  I used a simple meander with some loops thrown in. It's quick and cheerful.  And yes, she's having a boy.


I also started quilting another quilt for a friend, also to be taken back to the US with my mother, so it too needs to be finished soon. I made good progress on it, but as I decided it wanted to be done in a (admittedly fairly large) clamshell pattern, it will take longer to finish. Plus it's bigger than this one, anyway.  Photos of that later, when it's done.

7 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

That's a darling little baby quilt, Kate! Love that mix of blues....

Heather said...

Really cute baby quilt, I love all the blues you used. I starting to wonder if it might be prudent to have a backup of baby quilts, I always seem to be making them at the last minute.

Lynne said...

Lovely! Will you be paying your mum's "excess baggage"? LOL

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks fantastic! I'm sure it will be well liked and used :o)

sewkalico said...

You go girl! It looks great!

Plum Cox said...

You have been busy- another lovely little quilt, Kate! Well done!

Emily's Mum said...

lovely baby blues. Isn't it fun to put these togetehr for these new ;little people