Sunday, February 07, 2010

Borders On/Borders Off



This little top (about 20" square) is the result of today's work - it's from the strip roll I bought last weekend on my Hampton Court trip. It didn't take long to make - I just sewed some of the strips to some of the other strips, and then went from there. I also had a FQ of the brown fabric, so some larger size pieces were added as well. I then put some small borders on it, including a very scrappy one with the leftover strip sets - and promptly took them off again - really did NOT like the effect - just too busy and lost. It does need a border or two, though, so I will have to see what I can do - I do have some hand-dyed grey and black, which might actually work. And I may be able to re-use the strippy border if I get something a bit more solid there to break it up, first. Oh well, guess that's the way it goes sometimes!

1 comment:

Ruth's Place said...

This is really pretty!