Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Bad blogger



That's right, it's official. I am a crap blogger. I can't believe it's Wednesday and I still haven't blogged the things I received in the post on Saturday and Monday or the quilty type activity of my Sunday. So, rather than slip even further down the rolls of bad bloggers, I am going to do some catching up.

First things first - the Tudor chimneys at Hampton Court. What do these have to do with quilting, you ask? Nothing. Except that the lovely Floribunda, aka Julie, was in London for her annual oh-my-gosh-it's-way-too-cold-to-be-a-tourist-and-why-can't-we-do-this-in-May business trip. So we met up out at Hampton Court, which is near my part of town. (Technically, we met up at Creative Quilting - my LQS, which is just over the road from Hampton Court Palace.) And we hung around Hampton Court for a while admiring the old stuff and chatting and being really cold. Olivia took a couple of photos of us in the centre of the maze in the garden, but none of them were very flattering of us - for one thing we just looked really cold. Which is probably because it was totally freezing.



Julie brought me some of these blocks, which are like last month's block lotto blocks, only the inverse of them - brights with white crossing them. I think I'm going to have to make some more to go with them to make a nice baby quilt or something.



And of course, I couldn't be at Creative Quilting without buying some fabric - I bought a few FQs as a present for someone, and I bought this FQ - two of my favourite things - taupe in colour with writing on it - and a roll of strips to go with it. This is just a little roll - not a jelly roll or anything - it's 10 strips - 1.5" xWOF. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet, but something. Perhaps even soon.



And in the post, a package from Cathi. A block in our new exchange of Japanese taupe Lady of the Lake blocks and...



Socks! My annual socks. A late birthday present. I {heart} my socks. Thanks, Cathi!




And finally. (See, I told you I was behind) This is a card from Diana in NZ - I took about a billion pictures of this ATC (ok, five) and not one of them turned out well. The fabric is a hand-dyed silk, with a nice, soft sheen to it. Which of course doesn't photograph at all. Sigh.

6 comments:

Gail said...

You do better blogging than a lot of people, I enjoy seeing what you're up to!

Vicki W said...

I wish I was still traveling to London for work so that I could meet up with a crap blogger!

Sandra Wyman said...

If you're a crap blogger, where does that leave the rest of us! (don't answer that!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks like you had some fun!...albeit cold fun! Brrr

Glad you were about to warm up in the LQS and enjoy some retail therapy...best way to ward off the winter chills :o)

Angela said...

Sadly life does get in the way of blogging from time to time :) Love the socks you received! I started to knit a pair of socks once, I wonder what ever happened to those .....

floribunda said...

thanks for not posting the unflattering photos! and I'm so sorry (not!) that I won the lotto and you didn't...