Friday, June 28, 2013

Quilty visit!


Bizarrely, I wrote this post, and then it vanished into the ether. Not sure what happened, so I shall try again! My friend Karol-Ann came to visit me this weekend, following a brief trip to Wimbledon.  We live near the tennis (15 minutes drive normally, longer during the tennis fortnight) so she popped over after the tennis finished (i.e. was rained out) and had dinner, a lovely evening hanging out, and stayed the night before travelling back to Yorkshire. Especially useful as her mum, visiting from South Africa, was with her and it's quite a long journey down to London and back in one day...

I also invited my friend Lana, who lives nearby, because she knows Karol Ann in the context of longarm quilting - they both have Nolting machines, and when KA acquired hers recently, Lana helped her get up and running. Coincidentally, Lana's mum is also visiting from abroad, so she came along as well.


We had a lovely evening talking and eating and sharing stories and eating and laughing and eating...no sewing was done, but I still got some fabricy goodness - a lovely hexagon bag made with African fabrics (KA and I have been involved in a private block swap of African blocks) which I shall use as a project bag, I think, as it's very soft, not at all rigid, so probably wouldn't work well as a handbag. She also brought me some tonal fabris in just my sort of colours. Lovely!

There were also a few zipper bags/pencil cases for the kidsl, but they've wandered off around the house somewhere and I can't work up enough energy to track them down to photograph them!  It's a shame the visit wasn't longer and we didn't have time to sew together, but it was still lovely to see her and we had a great evening.

No comments: