Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Make do and mend survey

A while back I was contacted by someone at moneysupermarket.com, asking if I was interested in taking an upcoming survey about crafters and mending & recycling and so forth. I was happy to do this, as I do make a number of things from scratch, but also, believe in mending things where possibly rather than simply replacing them.  Nt that I enjoy it, particularly, mind you, but I believe in it in principle). It just seems wasteful to buy a new pair of trousers rather than simply fix the split seam on the old ones...I don't make clothes anymore (though I have in the past) but I do mend and alter, and I think it's a shame more people don't.

Anyway. I digress.

If you are someone who mends or reuses - or if you have strong feelings on the subject - you are more than welcome to take the survey, too. It's not long and is quite straightforward (though there were some questions I would have liked to have been able to answer with more of a "a bit of both" type answer rather than yes/no/don't know, which are the options for most of the questions).   If you want to give it a go, it's here:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/money/surveys/make-do-and-mend/

No comments: