Sunday, February 24, 2013

Teacups Sampler


 I did say yesterday that I was going to spend some time today quilting (or that I should, at any rate) - so I was very good and did do a little work on the little houses I was working on the other week - not a lot, though, as my shoulder was aching a bit and quilting is a bit tough on it. I haven't taken any photos, though, as the thread was fairly matched today, so it doesn't show well in photos - just textural, really. 

After a half hour or so of that, I decided to move on to something else - something more piecing. I had a selection of fat quarters which I'd been wanting to do something with - I thought they'd make a nice top for a lap quilt maybe for donation to a care home or through Sarah's quilt ministry to someone who is wheelchair bound, or something like that (I threw in a few small pieces of a toning green as well).

I wasn't really sure what to do with them, however, and even looking through some fat quarter books, still wasn't inspired (most of those patterns are for larger quilts and involve background fabric). So I decided to just make a variety of blocks and put them together. The result is a little less controlled than I normally like, but it's still quite sweet and would still, I think, make a nice lap quilt. 


2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I think it looks very sweet in those colors and it is well balanced too.

Lynne said...

I love the diagonal secondary pattern created by the four patch blocks!