Saturday, February 23, 2013

Strip variation


In a continuing effort to rid myself of the scrappy 2" strips I seem to accumulate, I decided to do something slightly different - make some strippy blocks and then sash them with a neutral fabric. Originally, I was going to put a border down the left and right sides, too, but didn't have enough of the fabric I was using to do so.  It would probably look slightly better that way, but I think it works this way as well. I still have a pile of strips (even after 3 whole strip quilt tops - baby quilt sized, but still!) but I'm bored of working with them now, so I think I'll be doing something else tomorrow in my last day of holiday. I should probably do a bit of actual quilting, but I'm not sure I will - maybe a little, and then reward myself with some more piecing!



4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

They look wonderful. It's amazing what you can do with the little strips.

Lyndsey said...

They look good Kate. I've spent the day quilting so tomorrow evening I'm rewarding myself with time playing with my scraps bag! I received the fabric pieces you sent me yesterday. They are lovely and I can't wait to use them, which is why I'll be playing with my scraps. Thanks Kate.

StasaLynn said...

I really love this strip variation you sewed..... Cannot wait to see the finished project. You have inspired me to try something like this - after I get done with this mystery quilt!

Thanks!

Lynne said...

Love the colours against the neutral sashing!