Some of you may remember these blocks from last month's block lotto - I blogged about them when I made them. Well, as it happens - I have won the lotto again - and will shortly start receiving in the post lots of these lovely modern clover blocks. (Which reminds me, I must mail mine out - as they were made in pairs, I'm only keeping half of the ones I made myself - perhaps tomorrow...)
Some people have remarked that I'm lucky to win two months running - which I am - but it got me wondering about how long I've been playing and how many times I've won, etc. So I did a little research - not hard given how organised Sophie keeps the Block Lotto website.
And I discovered the following statistics:
*My first month playing the Block Lotto was April 2006, when we made Johnny Round the Corner blocks.
*Since then, there have been 2 months when there was no block lotto held (Dec 2006 & Dec 2007)
*Which means that there have been a total of 60 block lotto months since I first started (counting the current month)
*Of these, I have enterred at least one block per month in all but three (July 2007, February 2009, December 2009) or possibly four (June 2009?) months. These months are mainly applique months. I can do applique, but it's not my favourite thing, so I often don't take part.
*I first won blocks in June 2006 (Scottie Dogs - before my quilt blog, though you can see them in the subsequent top - still a top! - here)
* Subsequent wins are:
- May 2007 - large baskets - I made several of these into mini quilts and gave some others away.
- October 2007 - batik sawtooth stars - these are a quilted tablecloth
- May 2008 - Buckeye beauty blocks - made these into a baby quilt
- September 2008 - bright cracker blocks - I did several different things with these
- March 2011 - red and white disappearing 9 patch - not done anything with these yet, which is fair enough, I think!
- April 2011 - Modern clover - and these, I haven't even received yet, so I have more of an excuse.
What I don't have the stats for is how many months I "donated" my chances in the lotto - i.e. I made blocks but didn't enter the draw. Lately, there have been lots of those, though not so many in the start, so it's not really possible to work out my percentage of times won. But in a geeky stats sort of way, I enjoyed looking back on this...