Sunday, May 08, 2011

Pink and Yellow Scrappy


So, here's a little pink and yellow top made with scraps - it's not big, but will make a nice Project Linus donation top. Did it make much of a dent in my scrap basket (figuratively - the scraps actually came from my strip stash and my stash of pre-cut squares)? Of course not! But if I keep going, perhaps eventually there will be some difference visible.


I started yesterday making simple framed squares, but I decided they were a bit dull, so decided to trim them at an angle...



Much better, I think, especially in the finished project.

I also worked on adding corners to all the pink and purple strip blocks to make the month's (and last month's) hearts - haven't finished that yet, though. Maybe next weekend...

6 comments:

rlbates said...

Very pretty

sewkalico said...

Ooh I like this - very pretty!

jovaliquilts said...

That will be a fun Linus quilt -- the jauntiness of the angles really does make a difference!

Sarah Craig said...

I love it!! So simple, but very fun!

Plum Cox said...

Lots of fun!

~Niki~ said...

so glad I just found your sweet blog~I'm having 2 giveaways now and very few have signed up. Wanted to let you know about them!
butternut street