Friday, September 05, 2008

Photo heavy



Lots of stuff to show today - first thing is something I actually worked on - a little quilt for a mini swap on a flickr group - this is a batik Jacob's Ladder block which I happened to have already, which I have sandwiched up and quilted heavily. I hope it's suitable - the theme was open, so I haven't made a themed quilt in this instance. I think this block is very pretty, so I hope my partner likes it as well. Need to bind it, too, but maybe tomorrow. Or Sunday.

I did also work on the quilt for my blogversary giveaway - but I didn't do much on it, so I didn't bother to photograph it. Especially as I have so many other photos to show.



I got a nice package in the post including a lot of pieces from some old swaps which finally got wrapped up - these lovely dyed pieces are from a swap themed Stormy Seas.

And these below are CCRR (complex cloth Round Robin) pieces which it's my turn to work on - will do that after the kids go back to school (which is Monday, hoorah!) as it's easier to do dyeing and painting stuff when they aren't around.



The CCRR piece below is mine, which came home to me - not sure what I'll do with it now, but it'll be a nice base for something. And the ATC is from Wil - we swapped.



I also got two other ATCs from my recent swapping exercise - from Genie (left) and Doreen (right) - a nice day for post, wasn't it?

2 comments:

Joyce said...

You are one busy girl. So many groups and swaps! I just plug along on my own here out on the farm. Lol.

Doreen G said...

I'm glad my ATC arrived safely Kate--and guess what I forgot to take a photo of it before I sent it duh.